Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Old school book covers tutorial

backtoschoola
Today’s Back 2 School project is old school book covers.
089
Remember these?  I remember when we used paper grocery bags.  I thought I’d give you a reminder on how we did these back in the day so you can pass a bit of old school down to your kiddos!
Materials needed:
  • Craft paper
  • Textbook
081
Lay out a piece of craft paper that is a few inches bigger than your open book on all sides.
082
Cut out part of the paper where the spine of the book is.
083
Starting on one half of the book, fold the paper up on the top and bottom and tape in place. 
084
Then fold in the side and tape. 
088
Repeat this on the back cover of the book then draw as you please! Actually, just leave the drawing to your kids. Should you do it for them and write something like “cool beans” they could and would be mortified. They apparently don’t use that phrase anymore.
005

2 comments:

  1. How funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm gonna do this with the kiddos. Cool beans, at least we're cool! Thanks! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this! Depending on the size of the book we ended up using paper bags we got from the store... cut the bottom off, flip the inside out and it fit like a glove.

    ReplyDelete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...